When conflicts arise between business partners, between a company’s owners and its employees, or among multiple companies, the last thing you need is an Ivy League Philosophy major who doesn’t know a balance sheet from a profit and loss statement. You need a Massachusetts business litigator with business sense. Our Massachusetts business litigators have business degrees and real world business experience to match their proven record of success in handling all types of business litigation cases. We have particular expertise in the representation of small, emerging companies and private, closely held and family companies and partnerships. As the product of small business owners and one ourselves, we recognize that closely held business owners have both their financial, emotional, and familial well-being tied to their business, and when disputes arise, there is often more at stake than the bottom line. We have years of trial experience both initiating and defending a broad range of commercial actions including contract and employment disputes, unfair business practices, business torts, trademark, breach of fiduciary duty, covenants not to compete, commercial real estate actions and shareholder and partnership disputes. We will work with your management team to explore all available options and develop a litigation strategy and budget that cost-effectively serves your company and its long-term goals. Whatever type of business you have, we will use our collective wealth of experience and time-honored team approach to protect your company’s valuable interests.
• Brought breach of contract actions for banks, consumer products manufacturer and commercial landlords, obtaining pre-judgment security resulting in favorable settlements
• Counsel in several minority shareholder “freeze out” claims involving closely held corporations
• Represented Boston exposition center in high-profile litigation; defeated injunction sought by former exhibitor and prevailed in dismissing case under anti-SLAPP law with $80,000 award in attorneys’ fees; upheld on appeal. See North American Expositions Co. v. Corcoran, 452 Mass. 852 (2009)
• Represented leading financial services company in complex commercial accounting dispute
• Residential homeowner’s and commercial liability insurance coverage disputes