When it comes to Massachusetts construction law, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. We handle a wide variety of construction disputes, ranging from litigating million dollar construction defect disputes to shoddy home improvement projects. Our construction clients include general contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, construction managers, condominium associations and unit owners, interior designers, and homeowners.
When litigating any construction dispute, we often partner with a select group of trusted civil engineers and other experts so we can properly assess the magnitude of the problem and the cost to cure. We also understand that many construction cases can be particularly complex and therefore expensive to litigate. Although we are always prepared to take cases to trial and beyond, we encourage our construction clients to consider forms of alternative dispute resolution such as mediation or arbitration, which can be particularly cost-effective in construction cases.
• Successfully mediated $300,000 liability down to $30,000 for site contractor who was alleged to have installed defective sewer main system.
• Represent several condominium unit owners for defective roof, drainage system, and other common area defects.
• Filed numerous mechanic’s liens on behalf of contractors, subcontractors and suppliers.
• Represented South Boston condominium association in construction defect case over new condominium construction.
• Successfully resolved unit owner claim for flooding due to drainage system defect.
• Represent numerous homeowners in contact negotiations and home improvement project disputes under new Massachusetts Home Improvement Contractor’s Act.
For more information about Massachusetts Construction and Home Improvement Project Law, click here to read our award winning Massachusetts Real Estate Law Blog.