Real Estate and Zoning Litigation
In Massachusetts, where buildable land is at a premium, real estate litigation raises complex legal, financial and emotional challenges requiring creative and cost-effective legal solutions. We are experienced Massachusetts real estate litigation attorneys, and are always prepared to step in and handle the breakdown of any phase of a real estate transaction. To that end, we are often called to rush into court to secure or defend a “lis pendens” or an injunction which can stop a sale or the issuance of a permit.
As experienced Massachusetts zoning, wetlands and special permit attorneys, we can offer a unique skill set gained from our attorneys’ experience sitting on town zoning board of appeals for many years. We also draw on our many years of experience as claims counsel for a leading title insurance company. We appreciate that clients and fellow attorneys turn to us a “go-to” real estate litigators.
As experienced Massachusetts condominium attorneys, we assist associations collect unpaid condo fees and special assessments, and prosecute condominium lien proceedings. We also assist our condominium boards of trustees and property managers with disputes with unit owners, tenants, and contractors. We also handle tax abatement proceedings and valuation matters.
We represent contractors and homeowners alike in construction disputes. We have handled hundreds of commercial and residential evictions and landlord-tenant disputes.
We also have significant experience in eminent domain, tax abatement, and real estate valuation matters, having been involved in numerous seven figure cases. We also represent clients in matters involving environmental contamination and remediation.
• Derailed an abutter’s challenge to a special permit granted to a client for the construction and use of property as a continuing care retirement facility.
• Counsel to leading title insurance company in coverage, claims, and litigation. Handled quiet title actions, fraudulent conveyances, mortgage priority disputes, attorney theft, condominium phasing errors, and probate proceedings.
• Defeated contentious zoning appeal in Appeals Court for prominent Cambridge developer.
• Successfully resolved several adverse possession and boundary disputes for local landowners.
• Tax abatement proceedings at local board of appeals and Appellate Tax Board.
• Counsel in hundreds of commercial and residential evictions/summary process.
For more information about Massachusetts Real Estate Litigation, click here to read our award winning Massachusetts Real Estate Law Blog.